The Indonesian Ecolabelling Institute (LEI-Lembaga Ekolabel Indonesia) is a non-profit constituent based organization that develops forest certification systems that promote our mission of just and sustainable forest resource management in Indonesia. As a constituent based organization LEI retains independence and transparency, both necessary for the credibility of forest certification.
To become an organization striving for just and sustainable natural resource management.
1. To develop forest certification schemes and monitoring systems for natural resource management.
2. To promote and support just and sustainable natural resource management in Indonesia.
3. To support multi-stakeholder natural resource management models that include participation of
LEI’s certification includes schemes for:
1. Natural forest certification
2. Plantation forest certification
3. Community forest certification
4. Chain of Custody (COC), a log tracking system for industries that process forest products such furniture,
plywood, sawn wood and pulp and paper.
LEI has 4 (four) chambers that represents Indonesian forest stakeholders that support LEI in using certification as a tool in achieving sustainable forest management:
1. Business Chamber.
2. Traditional community and forest farmer Chamber
3. NGO’s Chamber.
4. Eminent Person Chamber.
The Indonesian Ecolabelling Institute (LEI)